Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Swindle & Dash

Nope this isn't the issue in question with the fly Barry Twist McGee cover.
The actual issue has a nice Mike Giant cover instead


While I'm at this... I never think of Dash Shaw having a clearly identifiable style since his approach seems to change to suit whatever the given project and his projects certainly differ dramatically. But, in flipping through the latest issue of Swindle magazine I immediately recognized a two page comic as being one of Dash's before seeing his name. It's a typically cryptic piece called "The Passion of Dracula." Let's just say the parasitic icon is having an identity crisis and doesn't even seem to grasp the nature of his undeadness so to speak. (I'd post a relevant image but I'm the publisher without a compatible scanner).

No comments: